Based of a recipe from some random YouTube channel.
||sesame oil, for brushing
Scale it with BRDCLC
You’ll also need parchment paper and a steamer basket.
Makes 12 steam buns. Takes about two and a half hours total but it’s mostly waiting.
- Add sugar to warm water, stir to dissolve.
- Add the yeast and set aside for 10–15min or until frothy.
- Add flour and baking powder to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture and mix well.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Knead the dough for about 10–13 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour or until doubled in volume.
- Remove plastic wrap and lightly knead dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and divide into 12 equal portions.
- Form balls out of each portion.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Flatten then use a rolling pin to form about 12cm circles.
- brush with sesame oil then fold in half.
- Place on parchment paper and let rest for an additional 20–30 minutes.
- Steam buns over rapidly boiling water for 8–10 minutes.