This combines ingredients from Roberta’s Pizza Dough (olive oil and 00 flour) with Tartine bread dough. Read the Tartine Country Bread recipe for technique and more detail.
Makes about eight pizzas. Or, one loaf of bread and four pizzas. Scale it with BRDCLC.
||water (~26°c) + 50 g later
||extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix water, leaven and oil together in a large bowl.
- Add flours and mix completely.
- Let sit for 30min to let the flour absorb the water.
- Add salt and additional 50 g of water.
- Squish dough with your fingers to thoroughly mix in the salt.
- Turn the dough every half hour for about 3 hours.
- Divide into 250 g portions and and shape.
- Leave dough to rise on a floured surface covered with a damp tea towel for an another three or so hours.
After forming dough balls, you could retard the dough in the fridge. Pulling them out about an hour before you want to use them.
Note: Last time I made this I used 25g of salt which was probably a little too much and I think retarded it a bit.